We’re speaking at Action Planning’s conference ‘Generating Earned Income’ at Westminster Hall, London today! If you’re going then read this article first!
The Social Enterprise Truths….
1. Measuring social impact is about improving what you do, not just proving how well it works
2. Choose legal structure after getting clarity on mission, activities, financing, governance
3. It’s not the size of the profit, it’s what you do with it that counts
4. More-than-profit is better than not-for-profit (profit’s not a dirty word)
5. Successful social entrepreneurs build trusted, authentic relationships
6. Social entrepreneurs aren’t individual heroes; they build teams, create networks, mobilise movements
7. Social entrepreneurs can work at community, local, national and international levels
8. If a pound was donated each time a social entrepreneur quoted Gandhi, no-one would need to fundraise
9. Teach too many men to fish and you screw up the entire marine ecosystem and deplete the fish stocks
10. Scale of impact is more important than scale of organisation (or scale of ego)
Read the other 90 here! The 100 Social Enterprise Truths